Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Deck List - Dúnedain, with a side of Shenanigans

We will soon have The Battle of Carn Dûm, and I have begun looking at the player cards, in preparation for my upcoming Impressions article. Seeing that Amarthiúl has been promoted from Objective Ally to full-blown hero, it made me interested to flesh out the Dúnedain trait in a full deck. I wanted to put three Dúnedain heroes for this, and I was pleasantly surprised when I started listing out how many we have at this point. I knew Aragorn would be in there, but which one is the question. I thought Tactics would be the obvious choice, since I love his abilities. As I thought about it, I decided to go with Leadership, which led me to also include Halbarad, for mono-Leadership. That then led me to include some of Aragorn's attachments to give him multiple spheres, which then led me to include Dúnedain allies of all spheres, and Lord of Morthond. To get LoM on the board, I also included Steward of Gondor. 

At this point, I haven't playtested, but my idea is to put Steward of Gondor and Lord of Morthond on Aragorn, along with his artifact attachments. Obviously, the Dúnedain benefit from being engaged with enemies, so Dúnedain Hunter and Son of Arnor are included to get set up. There's definitely some shenanigans involved in getting the deck set up, but I'll be interested to see how it works.

Hero: (3)
Amarthiúl (The Battle of Carn Dûm) Aragorn (Core Set) Halbarad (The Lost Realm) Ally: (24) 3x Dúnedain Hunter (The Lost Realm) 3x Ranger of Cardolan (The Wastes of Eriador) 3x East Road Ranger (The Wastes of Eriador) 3x Greyflood Wanderer (The Three Trials) 3x Guardian of Arnor (The Battle of Carn Dûm) 3x Sarn Ford Sentry (The Lost Realm) 3x Warden of Annuminas (The Lost Realm) 3x Son of Arnor (Core Set) Attachment: (24) 2x Celebrian's Stone (Core Set) 2x Sword that was Broken (The Watcher in the Water) 2x Ring of Barahir (The Steward's Fear) 2x Lord of Morthond (Encounter at Amon Dîn) 2x Steward of Gondor (Core Set) 2x Blood of Numenor (Heirs of Numenor) 3x Dunedain Mark (The Hunt for Gollum) 3x Dunedain Warning (Conflict at the Carrock) 2x Gondorian Fire (Assault on Osgiliath) 2x Heir of Valandil (The Lost Realm) 2x Star Brooch (The Lost Realm) Event: (2) 2x Descendants of Kings (Escape from Mount Gram)

No comments:

Post a Comment