Thursday, April 2, 2015

Alternative Art

OG Aragorn

Promo Aragorn
The first and only promo card for LOTR is Aragorn. You could of gotten it either by going to Gen Con 2014, or a Fellowship event, or paying way too much on eBay. Guess which route I took. 

Anyway, the completionist in me wants every last bit from this game, even though I'm not a big fan of the art. It's ok, but I'm just a big fan of the original super baggy shirt and all. I did, however, fall in love with the graphic design. I love the full card art and the change in layout. 

Moving on from Aragorn, where are the others? Hopefully there will be another at this year's Gen Con, but one per year will not do. Inspired by some of the work Tom Howard and Beorn have done, I have made some of my own custom cards.  All of these were made in Strange Eons, a free program that will get more mention in future blog entries.

Gandalf
Gandalf was one of my firsts. I loved the old cover art from the 1978 version of The Lord of the Rings by Ralph Bakshi. I feel it really show the grand power of Gandalf. 
Galadriel
Whenever you create a new hero card in Strange Eons, this is the default image. After a while, I had to make her into her proper card. 

Loragorn
Finally, I thought I'd bring it full circle with Aragorn. This time, it's the lore version. I love the shadowing the artist used. I feel it fits the "Strider" persona that I associate with Loragorn. 

What do you think? What heroes would you like to see with new alt art cards?

Keep Running!

1 comment:

  1. Man, that alternate art Gandalf is so freaking epic. Mrs. Beorn definitely needs that for her White Council deck.

    ReplyDelete